Misty Brook Farm Sales Account Manager
Type: Part-Time Position 8hr/week, year-round
Category: Sales and Marketing
Account Manager for Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont
Opportunity to be an integral part of the New England sustainable agriculture and local food movement, working in a fast paced and challenging environment as the sales account manager for a certified organic, biodynamic family farm. Position offers a great learning experience and opportunity for development.
- Have a passion for locally grown food, sustainable agriculture & sales.
- Possess high levels of energy & self-motivation.
- Be able to work well independently.
- Be organized, self-disciplined, detail oriented & sociable.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Live in the territory (Maine) & have a reliable car.
Growing Misty Brook Farm business in territory as primary contact with established and new accounts. Growing existing retail, wholesale and institutional accounts, opening new accounts, establishing new sales channels.
Must be able to:
- Establish rapport with buyers & ideally have a network of contacts at Maine retailers and other wholesale businesses that support local farms.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for incremental volume growth.
- Identify promotional/cross-promotional activities.
- Develop tactics to close identified opportunities.
- Look for new opportunities to grow business.
- Establish goals.
- Competently communicate our “story”.
- Understand buyer needs.
- Meet with buyers to promote products.
- Anticipate objections.
- Competently understand market and competitive data.
- Close and follow up with accounts and opportunities in a timely manner.
- Have an eye for creative display and point of sale, product and label development, price setting.
- Manage MailChimp campaigns and social media.
- Effectively communicate internally and externally.
- Bi-weekly sales call and goal updates.
- Professional and succinct retail memos and account correspondence.
- Communication of account and inventory needs to production team.
- Report to Katia Holmes – Livestock, Distribution, & Marketing Manager.
$20/hr. 0.20 FTE 8hr/week
reimbursement for mileage
Applicant may be remotely based, but must live in Maine, with easy access to Southern and Central Maine.
Send resume to Katia Holmes
Misty Brook Farm
156 Bog Road
Albion, ME 04910